Call for Special Issue| Ethics & Communicative Action | World LUMEN Congress 2016. Logos Universality Mentality Education Novelty| 15th LUMEN Anniversary Edition| 12- 17 April 2016| Iasi, Romania
Special Issue Topic: Ethics & Communicative Action. A Transdisciplinary Approach.
Under the aim of the World LUMEN Congress 2016 – focusing on the interaction between new theoretical approaches and social and educational practice, taking into account the need for an ethical resizing of social action and particularly on communicative action – we invite you to contribute to the development of a special issue dedicated to ethics and communicative action, hosted by the journal Publications.
Publications (ISSN 2304-6775) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal which provides an advanced forum for studies related to all aspects of academic, scholarly, and professional publishing.
The special issue will incorporate papers which relate to the topic: Ethics & Communicative Action. A Transdisciplinary Approach. We are starting this issue from the point of view that ethics are essential in current knowledge-based society. We accede to Hans Jonas’ opinions, according to which contemporary science offers humanity a unique force of nature in terms of improving human welfare. However, this force has the capacity to generate both the Good, as well as destruction, in the form of the implicit total annihilation of the biosphere and of humanity. The need for a new ethics in facing the future is acknowledged. We consider this responsibility as the responsibility for the non-presence. The new ethics is part of both philosophy and science, both from epistemological and methodological points of view. Therefore, the papers will aim to incorporate both theoretical and applied ethics.
- Philosophical ethics;
- Applied ethics (Organizational ethics; Code of ethics; Research ethics; Ethics audit; Ethics policy);
- Medical ethics;
- Business ethics;
- Professional ethics
- Ethics of creating and disseminating knowledge
and any other topics related to ethics.
We expect to receive papers in the social sciences and humanities fields, although without setting a precise disciplinary border. We expect and encourage transdisciplinary approaches that overcome the existing gap between theory and empiricism.
Articles should relate to the following main topics:
- Logos | aims to expose certain theoretical paradigms in terms of communicative action, specific to the postmodern and transmodern paradigm, and the re-contextualization of the influences of modernity. An Ethical Approach.
- Universality | seeks the universalization of social and communicational paradigms, and their contextual applicability to current ethics.
- Mentality | causes reflection upon the ethical acceptability of new dimensions of knowledge and the relationship between mind and consciousness, and of the different cultural and communicational perspectives.
- Education | aims at a multidimensional approach with regard to education in the context of the paradigmatic mutations generated by the switch towards the knowledge society. An Ethical Perspective is required.
- Novelty | seeks to highlight the ethical issues generated by the need for personal, institutional and social adaptation to what is new, and to a continuous paradigmatic change, both in terms of a plan of knowledge and of communicative action.
Abstract selection process |
All submissions to the WLC2016 Congress are subject to peer-review selection. The submitted Abstract will be reviewed by the members of the Scientific Committee, in order ensure compliance with the specific Conference themes, the technical compliance of the template for the Book of Abstracts, and the adherence to the criteria with regard to constructing the abstract, as laid down by the organizers: purpose, methodology, own contribution, results, conclusions.
We will evaluate the relevance of the submitted abstract in terms of the accordance to the Conference theme and to the international context in the field.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings’ papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for the submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Publications is an international peer-reviewed Open Access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Publications Journal is covered in:
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
- EconPapers (RePEc)
- ESCI – Emerging Sources Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- IDEAS (RePEc)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)