Workshop | Scientific Writing & Publication Ethics
Main Organizers | LUMEN Research Center in Social & Humanistic Sciences, Iasi | Romania
- Antonio SANDU – Stefan cel Mare University from Suceava, ROMANIA & LUMEN Research Center in Social & Humanistic Sciences, Iasi | ROMANIA
- Ana FRUNZA – LUMEN Research Center in Social & Humanistic Sciences, Iasi | ROMANIA & Stefan cel Mare University from Suceava, ROMANIA
- Camelia IGNATESCU – Stefan cel Mare University from Suceava, ROMANIA
Starting from the analysis of the papers received for evaluation in order to be published by LUMEN Publishing House, and the previous editions of LUMEN Conferences, we notice there are at least some of the young researchers who have a series of questions regarding the strategies of elaborating a scientific paper in order to be published in a volume/journal with international audience.
In this workshop, we will discuss a number of specific aspects of research publishing, and how these aspects are reflected in the work of international fora in publication ethics – such as COPE – Committee of Publication Ethics.
Starting from specific case studies related to the issue of originality of scientific contributions, we will address the following topics: Who is an author and how authorship, (co)authorship or multiple authorship are defined in different research areas; what are the ethical requirements of writing a scientific paper; what duplicate content means; what are (or can be) the ethical standards that help increase the quality of scientific works; what plagiarism means.
We will address these topics and more during the workshop, with the aim of increasing awareness of this controversial area of research. Participants at any stage of their research careers, who wish to discuss ethical issues around scientific publication, are welcome!
- research ethics
- research publishing
- COPE principles
- original contribution
- the difference between a research article and spreading the science
- scientific article versus opinion essay
- the importance of critical positioning towards the scientific literature
- literature review
- the structure of a scientific article
- the importance of the ethics’ approval in research on human subjects
- Professor PhD Antonio Sandu, Stefan cel Mare University from Suceava
Language of presentation | Romanian
Date | April 7th 2017
Location | Suceava, Romania
Deadline for registration | 15th of March 2017
(the Workshop will only be held with a minimum of 10 participants registered before the deadline)
Registration as auditor | for registration as auditor please send us your intention at firstname.lastname@example.org together with following information:
- full name
- institution of affiliation
- email address
- phone number
Number of participants | maximum of 20 participants
Participation fee | 10 euro
FREE if you send your registration until March 31st.
Participants with affiliation from Stefan cel Mare University can register free of charge for oral presentation.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.